With our smsGuardian service, you’ll receive text messages regarding unusual or possibly fraudulent activity on your debit card. If you receive a text about a transaction that you think is fraudulent, you can reply immediately and your card will be blocked from further criminal activity. However, if you receive a message and know the purchase is legitimate, you don’t need to do anything at all. It's that easy.
Give smsGuardian a try! It’s a free service*. You can enroll any of your McClain Bank debits cards. You can receive text alerts on any device, such as a cell phone or a tablet. It’s very easy and very reassuring. Enroll your card today!
To begin enrollment, simply click here and follow the below steps.
- Enter your card number followed by the enrollment criteria for the card, which will include:
- The last 4 numbers of the cardholder’s Social Security Number or TIN
- The ZIP code tied to the card.
- Verify and Agree to the Terms & Conditions & Service Usage Guide.
- If you wish, set up a ‘Do Not Disturb’ window in the PREFERENCES/VIEW PREFERENCES tab to verify you are not receiving text messages during this timeframe (optional).
- Enroll a device for the card.
- Go to the DEVICE/CREATE DEVICE tab.
- Enter the 10 digit mobile device number and click ‘Submit’.
- Send the required message provided to 27576.
- Verify you receive this confirmation message: Guardian enrollment complete. Alerts start within 24 hrs. Msg&Data rates may apply, Msgs per issuer setting. Reply STOP to cancel. Reply HELP for Help.
Currently, McClain Bank has the following smsGuardian rules in place:
- International Authorizations
- Authorizations Greater than $300
- Out of State Transactions
- Card Not Present Transactions
A few details –
- The website address for smsGuardian is www.cardguardian.com/CardGuardian/signon.do?fid=DA
- Terms and Conditions may be viewed here.
- McClain Bank determines what types of transactions will generate a text message. The cardholder will receive alerts sent to their cell phone (or other SMS text messageing device) for enrolled Visa debit cards. The number of alerts they receive will be based on their card usage. Cardholders will not receive more than one message per transaction on each enrolled card. To see what rules McClain Bank has selected and examples of alerts please click here.
- Some mobile service providers require that a 30-day subscription reminder message is sent to their customers participating in the smsGuardian program. Cardholders will receive an alert message every 30 days reminding them of the subscription if their mobile service provider is Sprint, Nextel, Boost, or Virgin. The alert message will display as: "Reminder: You have subscribed to Guardian transaction alerts for McB. Message and data rates may apply. Reply HELP or help. Reply STOP to cancel."
- Enrollments are good for one year. You will be notified prior to expiration of your smsGuardian account and may text a reply to renew.
- Changing your mobile service provider may require you to re-enroll your mobile device.
- The cell phone or mobile device must have the ability to send and receive text messages and the use of “short codes” must not be blocked. Short codes are special telephone numbers, often 5 digits long, which are used to send text messages.
- * Message and Data Rates May Apply. While there is no fee for the smsGuardian service, you are responsible for any text messaging fees from your phone or tablet service provider.
- You may discontinue the receipt of alerts immediately by texting the word STOP in reply to a smsGuardian Alert. You may unsubscribe from this service entirely on the smsGuardian website. You can also discontinue alerts by texting the word STOP to 27576.